Farm Share Outreach Internship - Part-Time Paid - Philadelphia
The Common Market is a mission-driven distributor of local food. We exist to strengthen small and family-owned farms while simultaneously improving food access and public health for our most vulnerable communities.
The Common Market Farm Share program directly connects consumers to local produce through public and private pick-up locations throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. Members of our farm share program receive a variety of curated seasonal produce, meat, cheese, bread and more through bi-weekly “share" deliveries. Workplaces, residential buildings, and schools bring communities together to host farm share sites in both the winter and summer. Learn more about our program at cmfarmshare.org.
The Common Market seeks an outgoing part-time intern (about 20 hours a week) to help promote the upcoming Winter and Spring farm share season. The Farm Share intern will gain experience in customer service and engagement, marketing and promotion through on-site tabling events at wellness fairs and Lunch and Learns, email marketing campaigns and social media, and helping to set up new sites to engage in the program.
- Traveling to participating farm share locations in PA, NJ, NY and DE to promote farm share registration at wellness fairs and Lunch and Learns
- Speaking knowledgeably about The Common Market’s mission, our farmers and producers, and specific details regarding The Common Market Farm Share program
- Managing marketing materials and food samples
- Helping to create social media content on Facebook and Instagram
- Answering customer questions through email/phone inquiry
- Assistance with email marketing campaigns and other marketing tasks as needed
- Direct engagement with our site hosts to motivate and update on key program details
- Miscellaneous administrative tasks required to set up farm share sites in our internal systems
- To apply please submit resume and cover letter
- Educational background, work experience, or interest in marketing or sales
- Interest in/understanding of sales + outreach, sustainability, food systems, healthy eating, wellness and/or social enterprise work is a plus
- Excellent communications skills and an outgoing personality
- Valid driver’s license and access to a car required
- Ability to work varying hours weekly and some weekends, about 4-5 days a week, approximately 20 hours per week
- Duration: September 15 - November 15
- Compensation is $13.25/hr
Recent graduates encouraged to apply. Through this position you will gain exposure to the inner workings of a rapidly expanding food hub. It’s an opportunity to learn about local food systems at a nonprofit social enterprise and network with socially conscious businesses in our community.