Warehouse Associate I - Philadelphia
The Common Market, a mission-driven distributor of local foods to the Mid-Atlantic region, seeks a full time employee for 35-45 hours per week to pack orders, receive pallets of food and perform general warehouse duties.
This job entails unloading produce trucks and packing orders for the next morning delivery. Dedication to 100% order accuracy is required. Must be able to lift up to 55 lbs and be able to work on your feet in a 34 degree refrigerator and in a 0 degree freezer. The ideal candidate will have flexible availability--some days will end earlier or later than scheduled.
- Pick, stage and load onto refrigerated trucks customer food orders
- Follow FIFO
- Ability to identify differences in packs/weights/varieties to ensure accuracy of fulfillment
- Quality assurance of all product slotted, picked and staged for orders
- Apply shipping labels to all allocated products
- Build out pallet in a safe manner for shipment
- Inspect products for defects and damages as dictated by Food Safety standards, including and not limited to pulping temps and weighing cases
- Upon delivery of goods - compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records
- Prior to storing products, print and apply trace labels
- Maintain accurate inventory balances by proper storage, FIFO, and counting processes
- Reliability is a MUST
- Attention to detail and fast learner is needed in this position
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel (copy/paste/save, etc)
- Willingness to work in a cold environment (34 F degrees) for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift or move heavy products up to 50 lbs
- Be positive, have a strong work ethic, a sense of urgency, and high energy
- Inspire your teammates to be their best
Must have a Valid Driver's License to move trucks around our parking lot
Must be able to work in a cold environment
Forklift certification (preferred)
Excellent verbal communication skills
Ability to be on feet for 8-10 hour shift, and to lift up to 55 pounds
Flexibility, a sense of humor, and a strong desire to learn
Experience using computers and tablets
The Common Market offers an excellent work environment, training and the chance to grow with our organization.
Wage: Starting at $13.25+ depending on experience.
- SIMPLE IRA Plan where we will match your contribution up to 3% annually
- 5 paid days off in the first year
- Group Medical Insurance
- Free Common Market Farm Share, a bi-weekly box of eggs and 6-8 types of fruits an vegetables
- Boot Allowance to buy work boots