Warehouse Associate II
We are looking for a capable Warehouse Associate II to support The Common Market's distribution operations to receive, handle, store and stage perishable food items. The job is in a refrigerated space with coolers set to 0, 34, and 50 degrees. We are a food distribution company working with produce, meat, dairy, and grocery items.
This position requires that candidates be able work Saturdays and Sundays.
- Pick, stage and load onto refrigerated trucks customer food orders
- Follow FIFO
- Ability to identify differences in packs/weights/varieties to ensure accuracy of fulfillment
- Quality assurance of all product slotted, picked and staged for orders
- Apply shipping labels to all allocated products
- Build out pallet in a safe manner for shipment
- Inspect products for defects and damages as dictated by Food Safety standards, including and not limited to pulping temps and weighing cases
- Upon delivery of goods - compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records
- Prior to storing products, print and apply trace labels
- Maintain accurate inventory balances by proper storage, FIFO, and counting processes
- Abide by all company safety and hygiene regulations
- Contribute ideas on ways to improve or optimize warehousing procedures
- Keep warehouse clean and organized daily
- Ability to back 26' Box truck into loading door
- Complete accurate inventory count sheets and inventory adjustments.
- Perform location and product verification tasks as required.
- Monitor and react to issues with products by communicating to supervisor and/or procurement as soon as possible.
- Perform monthly inventory counts as directed by the supervisor, and investigate and/or correct any issues they arise.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2+ years of warehouse operations experience, perishables/cold warehouse A PLUS
- Reliability is a MUST
- Attention to detail and fast learner is needed in this position, connecting the dots of the how and why of our operations
- Ability to operate hand truck, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment. Forklift experience preferred but not necessary.
- Valid Drivers License
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel (copy/paste/save, etc)
- Willingness to work in a cold environment (34 F degrees) for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift or move heavy products up to 50 lbs
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Ability to Multi-task
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Works quickly.
- Be positive, have a strong work ethic, a sense of urgency, and high energy
- Be proactive and a multi-tasker
- Inspire your teammates to be their best
Wage: $15-$18.00/hr DOE. Quarterly performance evaluations with opportunities to move up in our growing organization.
- Group Medical Insurance offered after probationary period
- Option to enroll in retirement plan with 100% employer match (up to 3% of annual compensation)
- 5 paid days off in the first year
- Free Common Market Farm Share, a bi-weekly box of eggs and 6-8 types of fruits an vegetables
- Boot Allowance to buy work boots