Support Coordinator (Philadelphia)
The Common Market Mid-Atlantic, a mission-driven distributor of local foods to the Mid-Atlantic region, seeks a Support Coordinator to provide excellent service to our existing customers and farmers in order to achieve the organization's mission: to strengthen regional farms while making the local bounty accessible to communities and the institutions that serve them.
This is a newly created, non-exempt, position whose primary responsibilities are to engage our customers and/or farmers on a regular basis. This position is an opportunity to play a key role in the growth and operations of a fast-growing national social enterprise.
The ideal candidate is able to both administer daily ordering activities and brainstorm innovative ideas to improve our customer and producer relationships. Ultimately, you will drive growth to our company by being an essential part of the support team. If you are a natural collaborator, passionate about local farm food and have demonstrated ability to provide excellent service, we would like to meet you. The position is based in our Philadelphia warehouse.
About The Common Market
The Common Market is a nonprofit regional food distributor with a mission to connect communities with good food from sustainable family farms. We strive to improve food security, farm viability, and community and ecological health. Currently operating in the Mid-Atlantic, the Southeast, and Texas, The Common Market is expanding to other U.S. regions to build a nation of vibrant regional food systems.
Since 2008, we've aggregated and distributed over $22 million of local foods from over 200 sustainable small and mid-scale farmers. We partner with regional farmers and institutions (public and private schools, hospitals, early childcare centers, universities, senior centers, government agencies) to rebuild our local food economies, enabling rural and urban communities to thrive.
Essential Job Duties:
- Process customer orders: perform order entry, review for correct pricing, quantities, and shipping data.
- Order from vendors (farmers) in accordance with ordering schedule to maintain product supply.
- Reconcile vendor (farmer) orders and observe changes in inventory to ensure adequate availability.
- Maintain internal databases with accurate account information.
- Collaborate with operations teams to ensure efficient logistics.
- Initiate calls to existing customers to assess the need for replenishing inventories. (Communication is primarily via phone or email.)
- Provide ongoing support and trouble shooting on existing accounts including: advising customer on changes in availability and order modification, potential delays or routing requests, routine check-in calls to solicit feedback.
- Communicate customer and farmer feedback to Warehouse, Marketing, Sales and Procurement teams and work collaboratively to create solutions.
- Coordinate marketing initiatives with existing customers and internal/external Marketing teams.
- Work closely with our Outreach team to identify growth opportunities and ensure continuous customer support.
- Coordinate product sampling program.
- Coordinate meetings and demos for the Outreach team.
The successful candidate:
- is familiar with local farm food and produce, ideally with experience in an institutional food service or retail setting.
- thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- is a clear, collaborative communicator.
- possesses strong ability to multi-task and excels in balancing the needs of multiple departments while supporting our customers and/or farmers.
- is extremely attentive to detail and ensures accuracy in all work assignments.
- is a team-player with a positive attitude and ability to handle difficult situations tactfully.
- has experience with working in MS Excel and is comfortable with learning new technologies. Salesforce experience is a plus.
- The qualified candidate will have the flexibility to work variable schedules, including early mornings and weekends when needed.
-Must have the ability to work in an environment where frequent interruptions may occur. Must be able to work comfortably under pressure. May be required to move/lift up to 30 pounds.
- Starting Pay Rate is $16.00 per hour
- 2 weeks annual PTO
- Monthly health insurance stipend
- The Common Market Farm Share - Fruit & Vegetable Share
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with 100% employer match up to 3%
No phone calls please