Farm Share Outreach Internship - Philadelphia
The Common Market connects communities by delivering local food for the common good. We are a mission-driven distributor of local products. Our mission is to strengthen small and family-owned farms while simultaneously improving food access and public health for our most vulnerable communities.
The Common Market Farm Share program directly connects consumers to local produce through public and private pickup locations in the Mid-Atlantic region. Members of our farm share program receive a variety of pre-selected seasonal produce through bi-weekly “shares.” Workplaces, residential buildings, and schools bring communities together to host farm share sites in both the winter and summer. Learn more about our program at cmfarmshare.org.
The Common Market seeks an outgoing intern to help promote the upcoming summer farm share season. The Farm Share intern will help with customer service, marketing and promotion through on-site tabling events at wellness fairs and Lunch and Learns, assistance with e-mail marketing campaigns and social media.
- Traveling to participating farm share locations in PA, NJ and DE to promote farm share registration at wellness fairs and Lunch and Learns
- Speaking knowledgeably about The Common Market’s mission, our farmers and producers, and specific details regarding The Common Market Farm Share program
- Managing marketing materials and food samples
- Helping to create social media content on Facebook and Instagram
- Answering customer questions through email/phone inquiry
- Assistance with email marketing campaigns and other marketing tasks as needed
- To apply please submit resume and cover letter
- Educational background, work experience, or interest in marketing or sales
- Interest in/understanding of sales + outreach, sustainability, food systems, healthy eating, wellness and/or social enterprise work is a plus
- Excellent communications skills and an outgoing personality
- Valid driver’s license and access to a car required
- Personal laptop required
- Ability to work varying hours weekly and some weekends, about 4-5 days a week, approximately 10 hours per week; Mid-March through late May.
- Compensation is $12/hr
Students and recent grads encouraged to apply. Through this position you will gain exposure to the inner workings of a rapidly expanding food hub. It’s an opportunity to learn about local food systems at a nonprofit social enterprise and network with socially conscious businesses in our community.