Customer Support Coordinator - part time
The Common Market Mid-Atlantic, a mission-driven distributor of local foods to the Mid-Atlantic region, seeks a part-time Customer Support Coordinator to drive sales of local food in order to achieve the organization's mission: to strengthen regional farms while making the local bounty accessible to communities and the institutions that serve them. Hours are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 7 AM-2 PM. The position is based in our Philadelphia warehouse.
The ideal candidate is able to both administer daily sales activities and brainstorm innovative ideas to improve our customer relationships. Ultimately, you will drive growth to our company by being an essential part of the sales team. If you are a natural collaborator, passionate about local farm food, and understand what excellent customer service is, we would like to meet you.
Essential Job Duties:
- Generate revenue by promoting sales of new and existing products.
- Initiate sales calls to existing customers to assess the need for replenishing inventories. (Communication is primarily via phone or email.)
- Process orders: perform order entry, review for correct pricing, quantities, and shipping data.
- Observe changes in inventory to ensure adequate availability.
- Maintain internal databases with accurate account information.
- Provide ongoing customer support and trouble shooting on existing accounts including: advising customer on changes in availability and order modification, potential delays or routing requests, routine check-in calls to solicit feedback.
- Communicate customer feedback to Warehouse, Marketing, Sales and Procurement teams and work collaboratively to create solutions.
- Coordinate marketing initiatives with existing customers and internal/external Marketing teams.
- Work closely with our Outreach team to identify growth opportunities and ensure continuous customer support.
- Coordinate product sampling program.
- Coordinate meetings and demos for the Outreach team.
To succeed in this role, you must be highly organized and able to perform multiple tasks for different Outreach Coordinators and customers at the same time. The successful candidate:
- is familiar with local farm food and produce, ideally with experience in an institutional food service or retail setting.
- thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- is a clear, collaborative communicator.
- excels in balancing the needs of multiple departments while supporting our customers.
- is extremely attentive to detail and ensures accuracy in all work assignments.
- is a team-player with a positive attitude and ability to handle difficult situations tactfully.
The qualified candidate will have the flexibility to work variable schedules, including early mornings and weekends when needed.
MACHINES, EQUIPMENT, AND SOFTWARE: Computer, Phone, Microsoft Office software, Salesforce experience is a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must have the ability to work in an environment where frequent interruptions may occur. Must be able to work comfortably under pressure. May be required to move/lift up to 30 pounds.
- Part time, hourly position - $16/hr
- Hours are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 7am-2pm
- Accrue PTO, 4 paid days off the first year
- The Common Market Farm Share - Fruit & Vegetable Share