Local Delivery Driver Philly- No CDL Ok
Great opportunity for CDL B drivers or non-CDL drivers with experience who want a local job- be home every night!
The Common Market Mid-Atlantic, a mission-driven distributor of local foods, seeks a Driver for 35-45 hours per week. The Driver will be based in our warehouse in East Point and be responsible for deliveries in Atlanta area, Macon and Birmingham
Common Market offers an excellent work environment, training and the chance to grow with our organization.
Pay: Starts at $16 (with CDL A/B) and $14 (non-CDL) with opportunity for $0.25 quarterly compensation raises
-Provide excellent service while picking up and delivering Local Farm Product
-Handle Farmer Purchase Orders and Customer Invoices appropriately and collect check payment for delivered goods.
-Load and unload truck manually.
-Guard Food Safety and Quality
-Know food safety rules, check and document safe conditions
-Drive and maintain equipment in excellent condition
-Begin and end each truck run with established procedures
-Operate equipment on vehicle to load, unload, or disperse and secure load for transport
-Communicate all pickups, deliveries, and service issues with CM office.
-Maintain truck logs
-Facility management and cleaning
- At least 1+ year of driving experience, candidates with wholesale food delivery will receive first consideration
- CDL A/B Certification preferred and local delivery experience
- Experience driving 20-24' refrigerated box truck
- Excellent driving record and child abuse clearances
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to lift and pull up to to 55 pounds
- Flexibility, a sense of humor, and a strong desire to learn
- Experience using computers/ tablet
- Must be able to to work Saturdays
-Group Medical Benefits
-Retirement plan with 100% match up to 3% of total annual pay
-$316 per month stipend towards health care costs
-5 paid days off
-$100 annual Boot Allowance to buy work boots
No phone calls please