Sales Outreach Associate
The Common Market is a nonprofit distributor of local foods. Our mission is to strengthen regional farms while making the local bounty accessible to communities and the institutions that serve them. We are seeking a Sales Outreach Coordinator for our Mid-Atlantic hub to focus on providing local farm food to Workplaces through employee cafeterias and workplace wellness programs. The Sales Outreach Coordinator's primary role is to source new sales opportunities and increase revenue by building strong, long-term client relationships to achieve sales goals.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, results-driven and passionate about sustainable food, in addition to having the professionalism and experience to succeed in a demanding role that is critical to the success of the organization. The Sales Outreach Coordinator is comfortable working outside the office environment, cold calling and scheduling meetings and presentations at potential clients offices. We seek someone with a dynamic personality who is passionate about sales and marketing and who is interested in learning new sales techniques.
The Sales Outreach Coordinator will work primarily in the field with periodic visits to our main office in Philadelphia, PA and satellite office in Brooklyn, NY as needed. This position can be located in central/northern New Jersey (NJ), Brooklyn, NY or Philadelphia,PA.
- Drives increased sales revenue. Establishes, develops, and fosters quality relationships with potential customers in assigned territory and segments. Educates and advises potential customers on the benefits of incorporating food from local sustainable farms as part of a workplace wellness or food service program
- Establish and foster quality relationships with potential Farm Share sites across the Mid-Atlantic region with a core focus on northern New Jersey
- Establish and foster quality relationships with potential Corporate Cafeteria customers across New York and New Jersey
- Educate and advise potential customers on the benefits of incorporating local foods as part of a wellness program, anchor initiative for regional economic development, and a benefit to communities, workplaces and local farms
- Network with current customers, trade groups, and institutional partners to identify new potential customers; schedule appointments and diligently follow up
- Ensure proactive approach to maintain positive customer relations through ongoing communication, defining expectations and working collaboratively with Common Market staff to find solutions to customers’ needs
- Coordinate with Common Market Customer Support team to resolve customer problems and ensure high quality customer experience.
- Track outreach and other metrics; collect data about customer preferences
- Regularly evaluate and make suggestions about how we can adapt to ensure a better customer experience and increase our impact on consumers and producers alike
To learn more about The Common Market and our Farm Share program please visit:
- Knowledge of sustainable agriculture, wellness, nutrition and/or local food systems preferred
- Experience in sales of any kind and an interest in developing career in sales
- Some presentation skills and experience
- Preference for someone with an existing network to institutions in northern New Jersey and/or New York City
- Valid driver’s license ; position requires frequent travel throughout the assigned territory
- Experience working with diverse communities and/or demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word and Excel) and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Pay commensurate with experience, starting at $50k
- 2 weeks annual PTO
- Monthly health insurance stipend
- The Common Market Farm Share - Fruit & Vegetable Share with Eggs
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with 100% employer match up to 3%