Driver/Packer Team Member - Georgia
This is a full time position. The Common Market Georgia, a mission-driven distributor of local foods, seeks an employee for 35-40 hours per week to drive AND pack orders, receive pallets of food and perform general warehouse duties.
This job will be spent doing both driver and warehouse packer roles. Each week will vary depending on the needs of the organization.
Our drivers are responsible for front-line service to farmers and customers, transporting and handling perishable products.Warehouse role entails unloading produce trucks and packing orders for the next morning delivery as well as all the required documentation. Dedication to 100% order accuracy is required. Must be able to lift up to 55 lbs and be able to work on your feet in a 34 degree refrigerator and in a 0 degree freezer. The ideal candidate will have flexible availability--some days will end earlier or later than scheduled. Requires high comfort with tablets and computers.
This is a full time position. Typical work hours for this position are: M-Sat/Sun 8:30am-7pm
Warehouse Duties Include:
-Pulling and packing orders
-Maintaining electronic logs in tablets
-Driving 26 foot box trucks around parking lot
-Unloading produce trucks
-Breaking down pallets & receiving product
-Breaking down boxes
-Daily Clean up (sweeping, emptying trash)
Driver Duties Include:
- Provide excellent service while picking up and delivering Local Farm Product
- Handle Farmer Purchase Orders and Customer Invoices appropriately and collect payment for delivered goods.
- Assist in loading and unloading truck manually.
- Guard Food Safety and Quality
- Know food safety rules, check and document safe conditions
- Drive and maintain equipment in excellent condition
- Begin and end each truck run with established procedures
- Operate equipment on vehicle to load, unload, or disperse and secure load for transport.
- Communicate all pickups, deliveries, and service issues with CM office.
- Maintain truck logs
-Warehouse experience needed, food experience preferred
1. CDL Certification preferred A or B and local delivery experience (Atlanta, Alabama and other areas)
2. Experience driving 20-24' refrigerated box truck
3. Excellent driving record and child abuse clearances
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
5. Ability to be on feet for full 8-10 hour shift, and to lift up to 55 pounds
6. Flexibility, a sense of humor, and a strong desire to learn
7. Experience using computers, being able to operate a tablet
8. Must be able to work in a cold environment
The Common Market offers an excellent work environment, training and the chance to grow with our organization.
Wage: $13.00- $15.00 (with CDL) - opportunity for a raise every three months.
- SIMPLE IRA Plan where we will match your contribution up to 3% annually
- 3 paid days off in the first year
- If position turns into full-time you would be eligible for a monthly healthcare stipend.
- Free Common Market Farm Share, a bi-weekly box of eggs and 6-8 types of fruits an vegetables
- Boot Allowance to buy work boots