Social Enterprise Analyst
The Opportunity: The Common Market is looking for an energetic, organized self-starter seeking to launch his or her career in social enterprise. The Social Enterprise Analyst is a two-year paid Fellowship position in which the Fellow plays a critical role in local food hub finances and learns what it really takes to run a nationally expanding non-profit local food distributor.
The Position: The Social Enterprise Analyst works to ensure the financial health of The Common Market. The daily tasks of the Fellowship involve administering finance operations, managing risk and financial controls, reporting on the financial statements, and analyzing key performance indicators. As part of this work, the Fellow will have the opportunity to travel to The Common Market Georgia and Texas chapters. This is a dynamic Fellowship, where the scope of work may change as the Fellow becomes more adept, informed, and invested in specific areas of the business. The Fellow will regularly work with The Common Market’s Development, Administration, Procurement, Sales and Warehouse teams to support the financial and operational health of the organization.
- Preparing reports and financial statements for management and Board
- Accounts payable and receivable, data entry and reconciliation using Quickbooks and FoodConnex inventory management system. No previous bookkeeping experience required.
- Assisting with annual financial audits
Background: The Common Market is a non-profit distributor of local farm food that is nationally recognized as an innovative social enterprise. Our mission is to strengthen regional farms while making the local bounty accessible to communities and the schools, universities, hospitals, restaurants, and retailers that serve them. We are looking for an individual who is highly motivated, results-driven and passionate about social enterprise, in addition to having the professionalism and experience to succeed in a demanding role that is critical to the success of the organization. This position requires an extremely organized individual who is able to work independently with a sense of urgency and great attention to detail- someone who is flexible, collaborative, and possesses excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Demonstrated commitment to social enterprise and local food systems
- Able to maintain extreme attention to detail, especially while multitasking
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and personable phone demeanor
- Confidence to troubleshoot problems and openness to ask for help when needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Desire to learn new applications quickly. We are committed to providing training on software systems essential for job functioning
- Superior organizational skills and solid research skills are a must
- Professional comportment, positive attitude, and unflappable in high-stress situations
- Previous finance and accounting, office, or operations experience a plus
This is a full-time paid position with the opportunity for advancement at the conclusion of the two-year Fellowship
- $38k annual salary
- Monthly health stipend of $316/month
- Opportunity to participate in the Federal Student Aid Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program (see http://studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/charts/public-service for additional information)
- 2 weeks annual PTO
- Option to enroll in SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with 100% employer match up to 3% of salary
- The Common Market Farm Share membership: a biweekly box of local produce, eggs and more
Professional Development: Common Market is committed to professional development and training for all of its employees. The Fellow will have opportunities to develop skills and capacities related to (sample list):
- Financial Accounting
- Professional Bookkeeping
- Advanced Excel
- 40-50 hrs per week, Monday through Friday, and additional availability by email.
- Hiring immediately.
- You will work primarily from our office space 428 E Erie Avenue, Philadelphia, PA, 19134.