Common Market Mid-Atlantic Delivery Driver
The Common Market Mid-Atlantic, a mission-driven distributor of local foods to the Philly/ Baltimore/ DC/NJ/NY region seeks a Driver for a full time job 3-5 days per week, including Saturday.
Our mission is to strengthen regional farms while making the local bounty accessible to communities and the institutions that serve them. Our drivers are responsible for front-line service to farmers and customers, transporting and handling perishable products.
- Provide excellent service while picking up and delivering Local Farm Product
- Handle Farmer Purchase Orders and Customer Invoices appropriately and collect payment for delivered goods.
- Loading and unloading truck manually.
- Guard Food Safety and Quality
- Know food safety rules, check and document safe conditions
- Drive and maintain equipment in excellent condition
- Begin and end each truck run with established procedures
- Operate equipment on vehicle to load, unload, or disperse and secure load for transport.
- Communicate all pickups, deliveries, and service issues with CM office.
- Maintain truck logs
1. CDL A Certification preferred and local delivery experience (Philly, Baltimore, Washington DC and New York)
2. Experience driving 20-24' refrigerated box truck
3. Excellent driving record and child abuse clearances
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
5. Ability to lift and pull up to to 55 pounds
6. Flexibility, a sense of humor, and a strong desire to learn
7. Experience using computers
Common Market offers an excellent work environment, training and the chance to grow with our organization.
Health Care stipend
5 paid days off in first yea
Option to enroll in retirement plan with 100% employer match (up to 3% of annual compensation)
Please no phone inquiries